Friday, February 12, 2010

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Word Pic Of The Week: Black Mannequins In New York Part 1

[NOTE: THE ABOVE IMAGE WAS SPOTTED BY VERSE*ALL. SPECIAL THANKS TO HIM.]

This was the store window of a "popular high-end" New York City department store at the start of Black History Month. What is the message that the retailer is trying to send? A store front window with Black mannequins, multiple plates of cornbread and a picture of Abraham Lincoln on the wall.

[SIDEBAR: The regular visitors to this blog have probably noticed that the blog postings aren't as structured as they use to be. For a period of time I had daily postings regarding law and commerce. However, I am now posting my entries in a less structured format.

Doing my postings this way, is going with my natural flow of things right now. I never want my writings or artistic creations to be forced. I am currently in a mode of sharing what I am studying and what I come across as it comes. I hope that you are still inspired, informed, and provoked to think by the entries that I post here.

Thanks for your support.

Lots of Love Always,

Elsie Law The Rap Starlet aka Starface]

No comments: