Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Today's Fly Or Die Commerce Report: Taxpayers' Money Used In Another Bailout

U.S. Citizens are again feeling betrayed and angered over their government's plan to bailout another corporation.

The American International Group (AIG), will reportedly receive $150 billion of taxpayers' money after reporting a third-quarter loss of $24.47 billion.

According to their website, AIG is a "world leader in insurance and financial services," and "is the leading international insurance organization with operations in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions." Can someone please explain to me why such a company should have dibs on taxpayers' money when so many of those taxpayers are themselves financially floundering?

The U.S. Government is making very unpopular and damaging decisions in these tough economic times. However, tough times can turn into valuable lessons if we pay attention. Let's never be so severely "caught out there again."

Now is as good a time as ever to become more financially savvy. In this regard, I will now be posting daily commerce reports- with the caveat that I'm no expert (I'm just sharing what I learn as I teach myself a few things :).

The commerce postings will be in the same vein as my "Daily Dose Of The Law" postings. I believe that it is imperative that we all have at least a working knowledge of the law, and our financial system.

Let's be motivated by America's current financial state to be vigilant and knowledgeable about our dollars. Let's continue to learn together; and each one teach one or two.

Peace & Prosperity.

No comments: