Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Being #2 Is Never Any Fun

Hillary Clinton announced that she would be happy to have Barack Obama run on her ticket with her as a Vice President. How gracious of her. The only glitch in her plan is that Mr. Obama is the forerunner in their current competition for the democratic nomination. This ploy may be a tactic to try to confuse voters into thinking that they can get a 2 for 1 democratic deal.

According to the BBC website, Barack Obama rebuffed Mrs. Clinton's assertions by stating: "I don't know how somebody who is in second place is offering the vice presidency to somebody who is first place...I don't want anybody thinking that somehow 'well, you know know, maybe I can get both.' Don't think that way. You have to make a choice in this election...I'm not running for vice president. I am running for president of the United States of America."

[SIDEBAR: Mrs. Clinton might have tried a more potent trick by resurrecting Bill Clinton; suggesting him as her possible 2nd in command...just an idea...after all turnabout is fair play...lol. Then again, maybe he's holding steady for a possible cabinet position. I guess we'll have to wait and see.]

No comments: