Monday, June 15, 2009

Today's Fly Or Die Commerce Report

I found a very interesting article online that dates back to 1996. The article states that in 1996, Percy Sutton (legendary business man and Malcolm X's attorney) was attempting "to build the biggest wireless telephone network in Africa."

Mr. Sutton was reportedly attempting to construct this network along with a group of African American business people. The group was allegedly raising $650 million to build the African wireless service empire.

At this time, I don't know whether or not Mr. Sutton and his group were able to build the network. I am very interested in how this deal turned out. The plan shows great business foresight. Hopefully I will be able to find more information online regarding this venture, so I can follow this story up.

No comments: