"For a people to vote and pay taxes for weapons that are going to destroy their very lives and the future of their people, they have to be out of their minds. For physicists to build weapons that would end their lives and the lives of their children, they have to be out of their minds. For biologists and for doctors with M.Ds to develop bacteria so that populations can be wiped out by disease, which also means that their own children and their future generations can be wiped out, they must be out of their minds.
For us to sit here and be unaware of what is going on in the world means that we have to be out of touch with reality. And one of the major instruments for putting people out of their minds is education. It is often the very basis for making people ignorant. It is the intellectual and the Ph.D that have us in the trouble we're in today. Who do you think builds atomic weapons- the man in the street? No! The physicist who went to school and wanted to be a "Mr. Spock figure, only concerned with facts, only concerned with being objective, only concerned with having an amoral education, only concerned with an education that has no central values, morality, religion.
These scientists are so denuded of morality, love for humanity, and concern for their own children and generations of their children that will sell their services to the highest bidder and permit themselves to become the tools of politicians.
And this is true for other professions as well. Isn't it strange that the more social workers and psychologist we produce the crazier we get? The more economists we produce the more our people starve in Afrika? You must recognize that things are backwards. But they must be backwards if a minority of people is to rule over the vast majority. The vast majority must be kept in a state of deception, and they must be even arrogant in their states of ignorance, not open to critical thinking and analysis of their situation.
It has been said that science has done great things for humankind. But when you look at it, it has done great things only for a small percentage of humankind. When you add the population of this country together with European countries, you've got maybe 20 percent of the earth's population. What's going on with the other 80 percent? The vast majority don't have even indoor plumbing, not even good scientific farming, not any of the conveniences (but maybe a television set so they may be propagandized) that we take for granted.
Do not look at what goes on in the USA and assume that this applies to the humankind in general. The greater percentage of the world's wealth is used by a small group of people who have the feeling that they have the right to consume over 60 or 80 percent of the world's energy and resources to maintain their lifestyle." -From, "Awakening The Natural Genius Of Black Children" By: Amos N. Wilson